October is finally here and in addition to the changing colors and cooler temperatures, we’ll also be having a lot of things for you to be involved in here at First Baptist Church Henryville! Because October is so full, we want to take this opportunity to let you know about everything you can be involved in:
1. October is Pastor Appreciation Month! Take time this month to share and show our pastors (Toby, Cade, and Logan) how much you love them!
2. Pastor Toby will be continuing our walk through Romans 8 on Sunday mornings, and Pastor Cade will be continuing our series in 1 Samuel during our Midweek Service on Wednesday evenings, and we’ll be looking at a lot of great Bible stories on Sunday evenings!
3. All couples are invited to a game-night fellowship at the church on Friday evening October 4th at 6:30 pm. Bring your favorite soup, salad, dessert. You can call Amy Campbell (601-618-3791) for more information.
4. On Saturday October 5th our men are going to eat dinner together in Seymour, Indiana. If you have any questions you can call our church office or contact Jeff Porter for more information.
5. On October 11-12, our youth will be having their Fall Retreat! This is a time of fellowship, lots of fun, and most importantly encountering God through studying his word. If you would like more information about this event, please contact Pastor Logan Huff!
6. October is also the time for both our schools’ Fall Break and the annual FBC Henryville Caribbean Cruise. Families going on the cruise this year will be gone October 12-19. Please note, all worship services and small group studies (with the exception of the Sunday evening service on the 13th will take place as scheduled).
7. On Sunday October 13th, we will not be having AWANA or a Sunday Evening Service. Everyone is invited, however, to participate in a pumpkin-patch outing sponsored by our children’s ministry. If you have any questions about this outing you can contact Kalah Hester for more details.
8. Saturday October 26th is our annual Fall Festival! This is an event filled with lots of fun, food, and fellowship for the whole church and community! If you have any questions about this event, you’re invited to contact our church office or Willie Stoffregen for details.
9. Monday, October 28th is the annual meeting of our local Baptist association (Southeastern Indiana Baptist Association) in New Albany. The meeting will begin at 6:00 pm and Pastor Cade will be on program presenting the report and three-year recommendation from the associational vision team to the associational meeting. Additionally, Dr. Adam Greenway from Southern Seminary will be preaching.
10. On Tuesday and Wednesday, October 29-30, some of our pastors and pastoral apprentices (involved in the Ephesian Fellowship) will be participating in the Expositor’s Summit at Southern Seminary. If you’d like more information about this annual preaching conference, or would like information on how you may attend or livestream the main sessions, you can contact Pastor Cade or visit Southern’s website at http://www.sbts.edu.
11. Finally, we’ll finish out October by participating as a church in our annual outreach event of Trunk-or-Treat on the evening of Halloween, October 31st. Everyone is invited to come out and have a great time, and you’re also invited to dress-up (non-scary costumes of course)! We’ll also need gospel tracts and lots and lots of candy to hand out to children. If you’d like more information about this event or want to know how you can donate candy for this outreach, please contact one of our pastors at the church office.